Ceremony is a powerful way to mark a transition, and to call in a new direction.
Ceremony can be a prayer of thanks. And it can be a howl of grief.
Some of the most stunning ceremonies I have been privileged to hold have arisen very organically from the lives of those who come to me.
I have held ceremonies for…
- those who are going into hospital for surgery
- people leaving a relationship
- those who have been left
- divorcing couples
- couples who wish to renew their vows after a difficult passage in their relationship
- couples who want to celebrate years of marriage
- And I have held ceremonies for people whose stories are too personal to share here.
When people have come to me, what we have often done, is spend a whole day together, walking, talking, laughing and wondering about the wonders and vicissitudes of life. Together we explore where we are right now, and how a Ceremony might be the perfect way both to fully honour that place, and to welcome in the next step.
Film by Joshua Davie